The below, is an interactive map list of locations where Lahaina Police allegedly conducted roadblocks during the Lahaina Fires that started on August 8, 2023. Uniformed Officers with marked patrol vehicles appeared to be collectively blocking roads. People say that the officers were re-directing fire evacuees back towards the burning area and also prevented people that were running away from leaving. Some residents said that the only reason they survived was because they did not obey their orders.
All information and images in this map should be added by the people who took the pictures and lived through the horrific fires to prevent copyright issues.
To add an incident location, please click on the pink color circle located on the right upper corner of the map. When you click the circle to add a location (incident), you will first need to register free of charge, then you can enter unlimited posts to help others. Once you registered, a map box will appear with the following fields: Fill them in as follows.
1. POST TITLE, should read: The Activity You Recorded.
2. PING Location Marker on Map: Should be placed where the image was taken.
3. POST CATEGORY TYPE: Roads Blocked by Police
4. ADDRESS BOX: Address of the location shown in the image.
5. DESCRIPTION BOX: Date / Time and describe what you recorded the police doing, whether it was heroic, or if they sent people back into the fire.
6. IMAGE: An image is required that portrays that what is described in the description box. If you have video that was posted to a video platform like Youtube, you can place the link to that video in the description box where viewers can copy and paste in a browser to view. The video link should depict the image posted here and illustrate the description, otherwise it will be removed.